Sunday, September 13, 2015

Response to Text Chapters One and Two


          The first two chapters have shown me that my camera may be more of a challenge to work with than the DSLR cameras students have brought in.  My camera seems to be a subcompact camera, which offers less control.   It has the following menu items: Date and time, Share button settings, LCD brightness, red eye reduction, orientation sensor, camera sounds, video out, image storage, language, reset camera, computer connection, format, Kodak camera software, and “About”.  This is a little disappointing, but it also serves as an interesting challenge.  The text also pointed out that this camera is easier to carry around, which is an advantage I didn’t really think about before reading.
            I’m wondering if I will be able to compensate for the lack of control in the camera using Photoshop or whichever editing software we use for this class?  I have some experience with Photoshop so I know how to do this a little bit, but I’m excited to learn more.
            I liked that the book described blurring in cameras as a potential tool, not just a flaw.  I thought the photograph of the horses was very cool.  The blurring showed the horses’ movement, which made the photo seem livelier.
            I thought it was very helpful for the text to show how to hold cameras to prevent blurring when it isn’t wanted.  That is something I can definitely use to have more control over my camera.

            Overall, I like that this text helps me better understand the challenges of using my camera but remains encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment