Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Color Theory

     First of all, a primary color is a color that can be mixed with other colors to form other colors, but that cannot be created by mixing any other colors together.  When mixing paints, for example, one can form green by mixing blue and yellow, but cannot form blue by mixing any other colors, so blue is a primary.  A secondary color is a color mixed from an equal amount of two primaries, so for example, a green mixed from 50% blue and 50% yellow.  A tertiary color is mixed from two thirds of one primary and one third of another, so that could be a green that was more blue than yellow, or vice versa.
     My contact sheet:


     I chose yellow for this assignment.  Yellow was my favorite color as a child, but I've always thought all colors have some aesthetic value, so I think favoring it wasn't really about what the color actually looks like.  I think it was my favorite because I didn't know many other people who picked it as their favorite color, and I always wanted to be original.  That's true even today, even though I wouldn't necessarily still pick yellow as my favorite color, so I see yellow as symbolic of originality as well as symbolic of a connection I still have to my childhood self.

No comments:

Post a Comment