Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Portraits







Reflection:
For this project, I wanted to incorporate one of my short stories because I think my written self is my most authentic self.  I think my social self is so censored, whereas art and writing are places where I feel free to be weird, honest, and even brutal.  I tried to make myself look like the protagonist of a short story I wrote about a real relationship I have with someone.  Obviously, our relationship is somewhat strained, although I do care about him a great deal, and I also think the story works perfectly as a portrait because many of the difficulties in my life stem from this difficult relationship.The "me" character is made of mica, so I tried to mimic that in an abstract way with metallic eyeshadow and photo editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment